As relatives stay over for Thanksgiving, now is as good a time as ever to escape the house and check out our recommendations at theaters around Miami. Bring a cousin (or don’t) as we anticipate films old and new until November 30:
- On November 18, AMC Theaters will be showing several anticipated films including She Said starring Carey Mulligan and Zoe Kazan; The Menu with Anya Taylor-Joy and Ralph Fiennes; and Bones and All, Luca Guadagnino’s long-awaited film featuring Timothée Chalamet and Taylor Russell.
- Directed by Fernando Trueba (The Queen of Spain), Memories of My Father follows the story of one author and his relationship with his father as he fights against oppression and dangerous government bodies. The Tower Theater will begin screenings on November 18.
- If you’re looking to learn more about one of fashion’s most coveted brands, O Cinema will be screening the 2020 documentary Salvatore: Shoemaker of Dreams directed by Luca Guadagnino. It will explore the iconic rise of Salvatore Ferragamo and his influence on the fashion world during Hollywood’s silent era. Screenings will be from November 25-30.
- The Coral Gables Art Cinema will be screening several staff picks during the month of November, but the most exciting one will be on the 26th as they play Shane Black’s 2016 film The Nice Guys. The film follows two amusing investigators played by Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe as they look for one missing girl in 1970’s Los Angeles.
- In an effort to celebrate Christmas early, the Rooftop Cinema Club in South Beach will be screening Elf on November 25 featuring Will Ferrell’s most memorable role and Love Actually on November 27 starring every A-list British actor from this century, including Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, and Keira Knightley.
Kayla Melendez is a senior in the English Literature at FIU. Upon graduating, she has no idea what she wants to do with her life, as long as she is tan and happy. Naturally curious, she enjoys reading, writing, and watching films.