In our final publication of the semester, the crew at FIU Film Studies thank you for enjoying our newsletter. Here’s our festive recommendations from now until December 14:
- Starting December 3, Regal Theaters will be screening classic holiday films such as The Polar Express and How The Grinch Stole Christmas with tickets at just $5. It’s the perfect event to spend time with family and enjoy the month through December 24.
- From December 2 to December 5, the Coral Gables Art Cinema will be screening Everything Everywhere All at Once. If you haven’t seen it before, now is a great opportunity to catch a film that explores the complexities of love, time, and life while supporting your local theater.
- As they spread the holiday cheer all across the month, the Rooftop Cinema Club will be screening everyone’s favorite film Home Alone on December 8 and The Nightmare Before Christmas on December 9. With the weather set to cool, an outdoor patio with hot chocolate in hand would make this a perfect event for you and a friend!
- If you prefer to stay in, Netflix will be releasing Guillermo Del Toro’s highly anticipated film, Pinocchio on December 9. The film follows the traditional story of Pinocchio but stars Ewan McGregor as the cricket, Finn Wolfhard as Candlewick and Tilda Swinton as Fée du Bois.
- In celebration of the 75th anniversary, Regal Theaters will be screening Frank Capra’s It’s a Wonderful Life on December 18. The film is a holiday classic that is filled with drama, heartbreak, and the spirit of Christmas.
Kayla Melendez is a senior in the English Literature at FIU. Upon graduating, she has no idea what she wants to do with her life, as long as she is tan and happy. Naturally curious, she enjoys reading, writing, and watching films.